PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION NOTICE
Your personal data (such as information that identifies you or can be used to identify you, for example your name, date of birth, contact details, company name, e-mail address,address and such other personal information) is protected by the Malaysia Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (the “PDPA”). This includes personal data we obtain from you, your employer or other parties and our communications with you.
This Personal Data Notice (“Notice”) describes how Ringo Low and Associates (a partnership incorporated under the laws of Malaysia with its place of business at D-03-03 Phileo Damansara 1, off Jalan Damansara, 46350 Petaling Jaya, Selangor) uses your Personal Data. By appointing or engaging us to provide services to you, by accessing and using our website http://www.ringolow.com.my (“Website”) or by interacting with us, you consent to us using, collecting and processing your personal data in the manner contemplated in this Notice.
This Notice may be amended or updated from time to time. We would advise you to check this Notice on our website from time to time for amendments or updates. By continuing to use or engage our services, to use our website or to communicate with us subsequent to any amendments or updates to this Notice, it would confirm and indicate your acceptance to the amendments or updates to this Notice.
For the purpose of the Notice, references to “we, “us”, or “our” in this Notice are reference to Ringo Low and Associates.
A. Type of Personal Data
Personal Data means any data which relates to you and which was collected or provided to us for the purposes stated in Item B below.
B. Purposes of collecting and further processing (including disclosing) your Personal Data
Your personal data is collected and processed by us for the purpose relating to the services you have requested and for our business activities which shall include but not limited to the following:-
- communication with us including responding to your enquiries;
- all purposes related to or in connection with our legal engagement;
- to provide legal services for the purposes of the legal engagement or transaction;
- to comply with legal and/or regulatory requirements including court orders;
- for our day to day operations and administrative purposes including file management, billing and collection, audits, reporting, investigations and the like;
- for the purposes of enforcing or defending our legal rights and/or obtaining legal advice;
- to assist in the prevention, detection or investigation of crime or possible criminal activities or for the administration of justice;
- participate in any of our surveys, offers or promotions;
- respond to any marketing materials we send out;
- commence a business relationship with us;
- job application;
- for such other purposes as may be directed or consented to by you;
- visit our offices;
- provide feedback to us (for e.g. via our websites or in hard copy);
- to send as potential referees to the following (i) editors/researches in ranking legal publication and journals; and/or(ii) clients/potential clients who request for referees of past work in relation to any proposal, submissions, tenders or bids; and
- for all other purposes in relation to or incidental to the above.
Other than personal data obtained from you directly (as detailed above), we may also obtain your personal data from third parties we deal with or who are connected with you and from such other sources where you have given your consent for the disclosure of information relating to you, and/or where otherwise lawfully permitted.
We assume that the information you have provided is accurate, up to date and complete unless you inform us otherwise. If you choose not to provide such Personal Data or if such Personal Data is insufficient, inaccurate, incomplete and/or misleading, we may not be able to provide you with the services you require or the required level of service. Where you provide any third party information to us including but not limited to employer, colleagues, family information, it is our assumption that such information is accurate, up to date and complete and that you have obtained the necessary consent to
disclose the same.
C. Disclosure of Your Personal Data
We may engage other companies, service providers or individuals to perform duties/function on our behalf within or outside Malaysia and we may disclose your personal data to the following parties or third parties (not exhaustive):-
- any persons directed by or consented to by you;
- any persons required for the purposes of the legal engagements and/or legal transactions including but not limited to counter parties, other advisors, financial institutions, regulatory bodies;
- any person for the purposes of compliance with legal and regulatory requirements;
- our data processors i.e. third party who we engage to process personal data on our behalf including but not limited to archival storage, data entry service providers, computer backup services, disaster recovery services, banks and financial institutions etc.;
- our professional advisors including but not limited to legal advisors, tax advisors, financial advisors, auditors, insurance brokers and the like; and
- any request made mandatory under any applicable laws of Malaysia.
Further, we may also be required to transfer your personal data outside of Malaysia for the purposes and to such third parties stated in this Notice. Your Personal Data may be transferred to, stored, used and processed in a jurisdiction other than Malaysia, to companies under our influence or associated with us which are located outside of Malaysia and/or where our servers are located outside of Malaysia. You understand and consent to the transfer of your Personal Data out of Malaysia as described herein.
Links to other sites
Links to other sites are provided for your convenience and information. These sites may have their own privacy statements in place, which we recommend you review if you visit any linked websites. We are not responsible for the content on the linked sites or any use of the site.
Location enabled products or applications transmit your location information to us. We do not use the information sent or provided other than to provide the service you request. Location enabled features are opt-in and you have control over your participation and can turn these services off at any time or uninstall them.
If you do not wish for your Personal Data to be collected via cookies on the Websites, you may deactivate cookies by adjusting your internet browser settings to disable, block or deactivate cookies, by deleting your browsing history and clearing the cache from your internet browser.
E. Data Access and Data Correction
If you wish to request for access to your personal data or for your personal data to be corrected or updated or to withdraw your consent or limit the use of your personal data, please send us your written request to firstname.lastname@example.org or
Messrs Ringo Low and Associates
D-03-03 Phileo Damansara 1, off Jalan Damansara, 46350 Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia
Tel: 603 79578778 Fax: 603 79571771
We reserve the right to impose a fee for access of your Personal Data in the amounts as permitted under law.
Further, we reserve the right to refuse your requests for any reasons permitted under law.
By communicating with us, using our services, or by virtue of your engagement with us, you acknowledge that you have read and understood this Notice and agree and consent to the use, processing and transfer of your Personal Data by us as described in this Notice.
In the event of any conflict between the English and other language versions, the English version shall prevail.